Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Showing art to the community 2 - Places you must visit

Best Blogger Tips

Now that my facebook photography page is published and usable I thought of writing a bit more about showing art to the community. This will come as the extension to my previous post. Today I will express my thoughts (Or rather reviews) of some photo sharing sites which I had interactions with.


At the initial stage I have published my work on flickr. Many of you must be having flickr accounts and must be knowing how it works. I actually liked my flickr account and the feedback I was getting but there was something missing. At that time flickr was not very user friendly in interactions. Mostly about keeping track of your fellow fans and keeping track of artists. There was less flexibility in notification systems which helps you to track the new work uploaded by the artists that you currently interested in. And little options of messaging and ratings as well. And after some time flickr started to get pretty slow as well. Guess at that time flickr was one of the most busiest sites on the internet (Thankfully facebook was not invented by then!!) I can’t remember the actually time period but it made me a bit lazy to check out flickr as time went by



Don’t ask me how its pronounced coz I don’t think even all the admins know that lol. But the site actually is pretty cool. Caedes is more of a wallpaper gallery at the inception. Therefore it had limitation of uploading photos. Photos were resized to several sizes depending on the most popular pc desktop ratios. The good thing about that was that all the photos and artwork was in pretty big size. And the community was really friendly and chatty as well. I met some real nice people there mostly from USA and UK. Some of them still keep contact up to date. How nice that is. Later on Caedes gave a break to the artists by allowing to update photos as photo formats rather than wallpaper sizes. And they were once in the top 5 list of photography upload sites on PC.com (If I remember clearly. Correct me if I'm wrong fellas) Check that place out if you can. They have some stunning wallpapers if you’re hungry for any.

I have spent hours and hours on caedes for several months until one day I found the wholly grail of art on internet. DEVIANTART.

If I say Deviantart is just a site which makes you upload photographs and your other forms of art I will be just talking about a fraction of what you can really do there. In simple words DA (in short form) is freaking amazing and mind blowing journey in to a artistic wonderland. DA contains the most amazing.. I will tell it again.. the MOST AMAZING pieces of art and photography which you can never finish browsing on your whole life. Yes that’s how fantastic this place is. World’s most talented and upcoming artists of all kinds share their work in this place. Since I’m a big fan of drawing as well DA supply me a daily dose of art which keeps my artistic nerves pumped 24x7. If someone ask me what the best place that you can upload photo on internet I will say Deviantart. However because of the sheer awesomeness of this place there are millions of fans roam around and same way millions of artists who are hoping to get discovered. But getting discovered in Deviantart is that much harder because of the same reasons. DA is too big & too much to be handled by many. If you have enough time to surf around the net then go for it. It will take some time for you to really get the taste and learn how to find the best work there. But once you get that taste you will never look at any other place. And it will totally change the way you interact with the community and your views on any kind of art. Trust me!!

Currently I’m one of the most famous photographers in Deviantart who represent SRI LANKA. There are only few local talent in there. So why not join it and make use of it while its free. I'm here



Hmmmm facebook. Many hear this word even in their sleep these days. So no introduction is required. Currently the most famous social networking experience on internet. If you don’t know what facebook is go take a hike and ask some aborigine. Even they know!! I have my own profile page and recently launched fan page as well. The only good thing I like about facebook is that it made me to increase my interactions with local artists. Show them my work and get feedback. Therefore I like it. But as a place for an artist for his artistic requirement facebook is still not matured enough. Maybe in due course. But not just yet. My facebook page address is right on top of this post so check it out some time.

So that’s about it. There were some other sites as well which I had uploaded some of my work but most of them are stock photo sites and small size ones. There for I will write about them on a later stage. If you have come across any good sites which turns to be better than what I have mentioned above do share. Adios for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...