Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Vietnam War pics by Richards Calmes

Best Blogger Tips
These shots are from the gallery of Richards Calmes. An award winning photographer with years of experience. 

These are his words

"This is where I started my lifelong love of photography.
For the first half of my tour, as an Architect, I designed and supervised construction projects.
Then I discovered photography! For the second half of my tour, I was a "Combat Photographer".
A few of these images were taken by another combat photographer whose name I cannot recall.
These photos have been in storage for 35 years. I have some negatives that I have scanned.
For other shots, all I have are prints. I also have a few slides that have mold on them.
All were developed and printed using water that one can only describe as wet.
A glass of it was brown and barely clear"

 

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

This is his web site http://www.richardcalmes.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...