Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Do you know your camera?

Best Blogger Tips


Because we humans are curious and impatient set of creatures we tend to get right in to business most of the time. soon as we bring a new TV to our home all we want to do is to plug it in and watch. It’s the same with the washing machine and the Hair drier. When we learn to put in the batteries or plug it in to a wall socket and switch the damn thing on we think that’s it. And we think the rest of the features will eventually come to play. And most of the time we are wrong. Once we realize that the basics of the machine is accomplished and it does what we mainly expect it to do we stop right there. I will say ok if you do this to your TV or your little bed side Radio. But when it comes to your camera you are doing a big mistake by stopping with the basics.

First of all its really important to realize that the little equipment you call the camera which you craved to own can do lot more than just pointing and shooting at something. It comes with a big bundle of features which can do wonders to your photography. Whatever the camera you may own it has its own ways of handling the basic aspects of photography which are controlling the light, focus etc. How many of you have read the manual which comes with the camera in the old fashioned ‘book’ method before actually start shooting with the camera? You may say yes I have read it but think and see if you can really remember what it said and the instructions given. And how many of you carry the manual with you?? I used to do that and I still do. Whenever I take my camera I take my manual as well. Because for that camera that manual is my bible.




I can’t emphasize how important it is to know your camera and its features thoroughly. Because whenever you feel like you are lost or helpless with some situation which you wanted to photograph your camera actually has some kind of a method to overcome it. Even how technically stupid or advanced your camera is it has its own built in ways to shoot different conditions. You must know your camera so well that when the right moment comes you will know how to take the maximum of it.




Most of the people does not even know how to press the shutter release button properly and keep on complaining that their pics are not sharp or not focused. I simply will say read the manual. Film and Digital cameras have different ways of focusing. Learn to do it properly as the first thing before shooting.



Thinking that changing your camera to a SLR can make good photos is a myth if you really don’t know how to handle it.

If you don’t know how to ride a cycle don’t expect a 1340cc Hayabusa to take you to a place faster.

2 comments:

  1. When i go and 'read' though this blog...you totally make me laugh myself. Ha Ha!!! I just like the one you mention baout...I always set On AV mode and also some time set it on AUTO mode too. Everytime I set it to auto mode will feel guilty myself because I set it on auto modeit is no point that have a SLR right?!!!
    Thank you shring (specially those website).

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) AV mode is a good mode to take many good occations. But you must learn to tackle the Shutter priority and full manual modes as well :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...