Monday, December 28, 2009

Let the artist know how you feel...

Best Blogger Tips
Most of the time when I go through the comments I receive on my pics and the comments which was given to others photos I tend to realize that people are becoming lazier and lazier to write. First of all let me thank the fans who even say “NICE” or “GOOD shot” to begin with because from what I know they took a step further to actually appreciate the shot than many who didn’t comment at all. Even I don’t comment on each and every shot I see. But when I see something worth some key strokes I don’t hesitate to write a few lines.

Photograph - Priyantha Bandara - Galle - Sri Lanka



Don’t get me wrong here. You don’t have to write a ton of stuff to make your comment a better comment. Everyone don’t have the luxury of time to write long comments including me.  But you can make your comment a read worthy, memorable one even by writing few small lines. What vital is what exactly you want to express within that few lines. I think the most important aspect of a comment is letting know the artist how you feel when you see the photo. Each photo has its mood. Created with subject, lights , focus etc. What mood it convey can differ from person to person. So knowing what it really means to the fan is important. For example one shot made me feel lonely and abandoned while another person thought it shows affection and love. Which is a totally different way of looking at the same work.  So if you can express that in a small line it will be nice.

The other important thing would be to relate that work to your personnel life, experience or something. It can be a smell, desire, memory whatever. Each photo does not comes with one but when you come across work that do so make sure you express yourself. Not in detail but it will make others to live that moment  with you.

Don’t rush via photos because you have a lot in your message box to check. Take your time and enjoy and feel what you see.

There is a whole extended way of commenting called ‘constructive criticism’ which I will write about in future. 



Photograph - Priyantha Bandara - Mahiyanganaya - Sri Lanka

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...